What's new

OS5 ringtones problem.

Mush

Reaction score
After I upgraded to OS5 I can no longer find purchased ringtones on my iphone 4. In iTunes the ringtones show up and are check to sync with the phone, but I have synced several times and still the rigntones are not on my I phone. Any ideas of even a fix?

Mine did the same thing ;( so I went back into myxer.com and downloaded some free ones and I was able to get those in there but my old ones that are still in my itunes Library will not go back in.. very strange

You have to re install them in iTunes and re sync phone

I am running iTunes on a window 7 64 bit machine. How do I re-install ringtones? uncheck them in the sync menu, syncing, checking them and resyncing did not work.

Copy tones from iTunes to say desk top delete from iTunes reinstall ringtones into iTunes then sync ringtones to phone should solve the problem

I had the same issue when I updated. I decided to change to "Ringtone Designer" and delete my old custom ringtones. This worked flawlessly for me. It's also a free app or you can pay $0.99 for the ad free version and have a bit more flexibility.

What if you don't want to delete your ringtones. Will the "Ringtone Designer" still work?

I tried this and it did not work for me - any other suggestions / solutions?

Copy tones from iTunes to say desk top delete from iTunes reinstall ringtones into iTunes then sync ringtones to phone should solve the problem

I found another thread that gave me more detail and said to delete it from the iPhone and resync and that worked! Thanks!

I was able to move all my ringtones from Itunes to a folder on my desktop, delete them from Itunes, and then move them all back. Once I synced it again, all my ringtones are now there.

Hope this helps others.

Please help.....I have tried what others have...deleting off itunes and then placing them back into itunes and resyncing but still no ringtones appear. I must be doing the steps incorrectly if it is working for others. I even bought a new ringtone yesterday after updating my phone and I can see that tone but it will not play when someone is calling. Can someone help please.

Detonator said:

That's how I did mine and it worked.

You need to sync your phone with itunes with the 'sync ringtones' deselected to remove all ringtones from your phone and then resync with 'sync ringtones' selected with whatever ringtones you want on the phone also selected and they move back on and can be choosen as normal.

worked for me on iphone4