What's new

OpeniBoot NIGHTMARE

Reaction score
Hey all,

So, i recently aquired and iphone 3G that I would like to use for the purposes of an MP3 player and internet browser when Im not able to use my cell.

However, I am having problems restoring the iPhone to its original state. It will get to the restore part in iTunes, then iTunes will come up with Error (9) saying that the iPhone could not be restored due to an unknown error. I've tried to put the iphone into recovery mode via redSn0w reb1 with no avail either.

Kinda stumped :( Hope someone here has an answer!

Thanks all,

FB

Now it appears I am also getting Error 1015 as well as error 9. Sonnuva......

for those who want to know:

Error 1015 (from apples website):
Error 1015: This error is typically caused by attempts to downgrade the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch's software. This can occur when you attempt to restore using an older .ipsw file. Downgrading to a previous version is not supported. To resolve this issue, attempt to restore with the latest iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch software available from Apple. This error can also occur when an unauthorized modification of the iOS has occurred and you are now trying to restore to an authorized, default state. Very rarely this error is caused by a hardware issue and requires service.

I have also used iREB by redsn0w to try and fix the 1015 errors with no avail...is there a work around somehow?