What's new

open ssh and cyberduck problem

tider

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a Iphone 4 running version 4.2.6

When I was in the private/var directory moving some stuff to my computer, I accidentally moved one of the files somewhere else. I don't know which file I moved or where it went, I just saw it out of the corner of my eye. Now when I connect to itunes, it says it does not recognize the contents of the iphone and I need to do a restore. Is there anything at all I can do, or do I need to just go ahead and do the restore and start from scratch.

I have not noticed any problems on the iphone itself.

If you can keep on using the phone that way then use it that way and avoid the restore, it's hard to find out just by guessing what file you could have move, but it's very easy to factory restore and then you are good to go. But since you are jailbreaked now, you will not really enjoy the jailbreak on the latest iOS which is not having an untether jailbreak. So I said, if you can keep your device the way it is then better do that and wait for iOS 5, otherwise then just upgrade because iTunes will not restore on your phone the actual iOS you are having on it but instead, iTunes will upgrade your phone to the latest iOS. You can also try a hard reset to see if it helps or not.

Thanks. I'll just keep using it and just not connect to iTunes unless I start having problems n

I found a video showing If you press alt when you hit restore in iTunes , you can restore to a previous iOS I was going to restore to 4.2.6 that I have now. I found that version and downloaded it to my thumbdrive. Anybody done this before.

I found a video showing If you press alt when you hit restore in iTunes , you can restore to a previous iOS I was going to restore to 4.2.6 that I have now. I found that version and downloaded it to my thumbdrive. Anybody done this before.

To be very short, it will not work 99% I promise you. But you can try out the 1% of chance for iOS 4.2.6 to be restore into your iPhone.