What's new

One Of My Contacts Turned Blue?

WillieB69

Reaction score
Hey all-

Totally new to the forum. Still a newbie with iPhones as well. Awhile back I bought the wife and I each a referbished 3GS. (Now we're only 2 generations behind the rest of the world!) A few days ago, our phones upgraded to iOS6. I was really happy that the transfer went so well and I have not experienced any problems with it so far. Kudos to Apple for making an update that works with an older generation phone!

However, after the update, my dad's name in my contact list turned blue and a little blue avatar like the one that takes the place of pictures popped up beside it. It's not really a problem but the OCD side of me is going nuts trying to figure out why it did that. It's the only one like it in my contacts list. All the rest are still black. He's not on my "favorites" list or anything else but he's blue.

The only thing I can think of is the phone thinks it's ME because my dad and I have the same first name.....
Any other ideas?

Siri tries to figure out who you are if you don't directly set it yourself. So if Siri has your first name memorized and your father is the only match, then yes the blue coloring is to represent you.

You have to do the same thing I did because of the same exact issue.

First create an entry in your contact list for yourself. Then go
Settings -> General -> Siri -> My Info and select the new contact you just created.

Tad bit of a pain, but it only lasts about 60 seconds then you can forget about it.

You have to do the same thing I did because of the same exact issue.

First create an entry in your contact list for yourself. Then go
Settings -> General -> Siri -> My Info and select the new contact you just created.

Tad bit of a pain, but it only lasts about 60 seconds then you can forget about it.

Got it. Now it can tell the difference between my dad and I. LOL

Thanks for the help!

Well, like I said earlier, it wasn't really broken. Just driving my OCD nuts. LOL.
And I really am amazed that iOS6 is not giving me fits. I had heard rumors of 3GS getting dropped like a hot potato.
Gonna have to save up for a 5 now.....

Hi, can you help me please, iv got the same problem, 1 contact has turned blue, I can message but not call them. I think it's happened since the new update but I can't work out what I need to do to put this right?