What's new

Old iOS new text message button....

BPH

Reaction score
Hey,

In an older iOS version (4 or maybe 5), when I went to my text message inbox, there was a handy little "send new text message" button. It looked like the "send new email button" that still exists...a little square with a pen in the corner.

When I updated to iOS 6, it was replaced with the "More" button, and you have to click that to then click the "New message" option.

Is there any tweak that can bring this button back?

I am aware of the various SMS programs that might do this, and the tweak that puts a "send new message" icon on your springboard.

I want to modify the stock text message options.

Cheers!

The pen and scribe button should still be there on the root Messages.app.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Last edited:
The pen and scribe button should still be there on the root Messages.app

Hi willerz,

I think I know what that means...is there a way to make it appear?

Why don't u update to IOS 7. This problem will be lost and with Jaibreak in Ios 7 you can have more choices :).
Just my comments :)
Cheers!

Why don't u update to IOS 7. This problem will be lost and with Jaibreak in Ios 7 you can have more choices :)

Thank you for the reply.

iOS 7 is too unstable for me at the moment. I don't particularly like the look of it. There is no jail break available, and when there eventually is, it will take application developers time to get things running.

A jail break for 6.1.3/6.1.4 will be released when the 7 break is. Which I think will be released shortly after 7.1 goes live. I hope so anyway!

I am using a jail broken iPhone 4 on 6.1.2, but have a 5 on 6.1.3 sat in the drawer waiting for a break.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

Last edited:
6.1.3/6.1.5 untethered for pre-A5 devices (excluding the old bootrom 3GS) was released through Cydia. A5+ devices will have to wait another 48 hours approximately from the time of this post before the utility is released publicly by @iH8Sn0w

Thanks Willerz.

No sign of the iOS 6 A5+ break yet though!

Hopefully it won't be much longer...

In an older iOS version when I went to my text message inbox, there was a handy little "send new text message" button. It looked like the "send new email button" that still exists...a little square with a pen in the corner.

When I updated to iOS 6, it was replaced with the "More" button, and you have to click that to then click the "New message" option.

What a clown I am. Whilst installing various things on a newly jailbroken phone I realised that the SMS+ application was causing this issue.

Disable SMS+ and the "More" button is disabled, leaving the button I was searching for in it's place.

Oh dear oh dear!