What's new

Old and new Iphone 6 /6S Plus

Mental1

Reaction score
I gave my wife my IPhone 6 when I decided I needed the 6S Plus for the larger screen. When I enter a contact in my phone it shows up on my wifes phone. How do I stop this? Also, If I send or receive a text message it should not go to her phone. Do I turn off IMessage to prevent this?

You need to sign out of iCloud on your old phone and, ideally, restore to factory settings.

I gave my wife my IPhone 6 when I decided I needed the 6S Plus for the larger screen. When I enter a contact in my phone it shows up on my wifes phone. How do I stop this? Also, If I send or receive a text message it should not go to her phone. Do I turn off IMessage to prevent this?
If she doesn’t already, she needs to have her own iCloud account and Apple ID. This will stop any spill over of contacts, messages, etc. From your iPhone to hers. You can still share apps and purchased iTunes content through Family Sharing. Set up Family Sharing

Last edited:
If she doesn’t already, she needs to have her own iCloud account and Apple ID. This will stop any spill over of contacts, messages, etc. From your iPhone to hers. You can still share apps and purchased iTunes content through Family Sharing. Set up Family Sharing
Thanks a bunch for the Info! CarolineM and scifan57!