What's new

Ok..getting contacts from icloud onto new iphone?

zigre96

Reaction score
ok we finally got husbands "broken" iphone to turn on, and am going to keep all inportant contacts and photos, and have them backed up in icloud. Once I do that backup,, how do I get those contacts and pics onto his new iphone? Do I have to install icloud onto his mac, or will the items automatically transfer when we plug the phone into it? HELP PLEASE?

also..when I go to the backup when reading the how to online, it says to just lock the screen and let it back up..so does that mean once i click on back up now, i just hit the button on the top of the iphone and leave it alone? how do i know when its done??

also..when I go to the backup when reading the how to online, it says to just lock the screen and let it back up..so does that mean once i click on back up now, i just hit the button on the top of the iphone and leave it alone? how do i know when its done??

Two different processes here
Back Up Now and Back Up Automatically
No need to hit the button on the top of the iphone if you tap Back Up Now.
Just watch the progress bar as it all happens. (Very quickly)

For me it all seems too easy (PC background )
I back up every night automatically while my phone recharges
Make sure Wi Fi is available
Plug into wall charger
Lock phone
Go to sleep and when you wake up it will be backed up to Icloud
No need to "click" anything unless you want to do a "Back Up Now"

Thanks..I got the phone numbers to back up quickly..but it still asid about 24 hours to finish the back up (photos and videos I guess) And Im going to just have to manually put those into iphoto as I am on satellite internet, and if it uses the wifi like that for 24 hours, it exceeds our fair threshold policy and we lose internet...stupid i know...but contacts were most important. But now, how do I get them easily into the new phone without manually doing it!!

IDrive Lite, for me much better for contacts that iCloud. Very easy......

Thanks..I got the phone numbers to back up quickly..but it still asid about 24 hours to finish the back up (photos and videos I guess) And Im going to just have to manually put those into iphoto as I am on satellite internet, and if it uses the wifi like that for 24 hours, it exceeds our fair threshold policy and we lose internet...stupid i know...but contacts were most important. But now, how do I get them easily into the new phone without manually doing it!!

Wow 24 hours !
24 minutes would have me twitching
If the new phone is set up with the same Apple I D as the old phone they should just be there on the phone
There are many threads to discover on this forum about this, written by more eloquant people than me