What's new

oh the slowness....

inrainbows08

Reaction score
hiya
i got iphone 3g on 4.2.1 16.5BB.....the thing is....after enable multitasking and such and SBSettings i still got a slowness problem
free space after freeing space is 42MB...which is still a mess....
i heard you can "add" free space by moving root file...but bosstool isnt working anymore...

do you have any ideas?

or ...i should just buy iphone 4s:(? (i know thats the easy answer...)

I've never really been one to push people into updating their phones... until I joined the JB community & experienced it first hand. The problem you, and everyone else, runs into w/ the 3G is a lot of new tweaks, themes, add ons, etc. really push the performance envelope of our phones. It's sad to say, however, that the 3G is by far not a performance machine.  Keep background apps closed, keep your JB process on a "need only" basis. Do what you can to minimize what's continually running on your device. Other than that... it's getting really close to retirement time for your 3G, I'm sorry to say.

You don't necessarily HAVE to go w/ the 4S... unless you just want to. The 4 is a more than capable phone... although it's only being offered in an 8GB model now.

agree....but....is there a way to move the root files ?....thats could add 50MB to the internal system....and the iphone will be faster

inrainbows08 said:
agree....but....is there a way to move the root files ?....thats could add 50MB to the internal system....and the iphone will be faster

So did you get any success on this ???

I found that deleting all my messages really made my old 3G fly.....

i have not msg to delete....
i think i will just rollback into 3.2.1....but im scared to do it...cause i dont want to spend the next 2 days figuring out how to jailbreak and not having resotre stuck/logo stuck screen