What's new

Odd will it work question, new parts on old phone

zstairlessone

Reaction score
My old 8 Plus, which never came back up after an iOS update failure and is well past Apple Care ending, has a perfect screen and capacitive touch cover. My old 6S Plus has a very clean crack in the top glass, no issues with the screen. If I take them both to an authorized Apple repair center can they swap the 8 Plus screen/glass to the 6S Plus?

Like the title says, pretty odd question, but inquiring minds (mine) want(s) to know.

My old 8 Plus, which never came back up after an iOS update failure and is well past Apple Care ending, has a perfect screen and capacitive touch cover. My old 6S Plus has a very clean crack in the top glass, no issues with the screen. If I take them both to an authorized Apple repair center can they swap the 8 Plus screen/glass to the 6S Plus?

Like the title says, pretty odd question, but inquiring minds (mine) want(s) to know.

Why wouldn’t your 8 plus not have Apple care? Shouldn’t it have a month left?

You can’t swap parts between iPhone models. Even if the parts appear to be the same on the outside there will be internal differences that prevent interchanging parts.

Not everyone has  care. I think you have to buy it when you get your phone. But I think most phone have a one year standard warranty.

Not everyone has  care. I think you have to buy it when you get your phone. But I think most phone have a one year standard warranty.

He said Apple care already expired. Which is impossible on an 8 plus.

Yes, I didn't get Apple Care on it, first and last time for that mistake [emoji22]. Apple support tried to help, even with the expired warranty, but no joy.

You can’t swap parts between iPhone models. Even if the parts appear to be the same on the outside there will be internal differences that prevent interchanging parts.

This is what I was afraid of, why I asked here before taking it in to try. Thanks!!