What's new

Now Siri is Even Playing the Piano!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

Ever since Apple introduced personal assistant Siri with the iPhone 4S, it’s given Apple fans who love to show off what their favourite devices can do a whole new impetus to find new and ingenious uses for this amazing new feature. Now, just when you thought you’d probably seen it all, Jim Dalrymple on The Loop features a fascinating video from Yamaha showing Siri playing piano!"But Siri doesn’t have hands!" I hear you cry, how can she play the piano?! Well, if you check out the video above, you’ll see that it all seems to be pretty effortless for Siri. In the video, the inventor of SmartKEY for Disklavier, Craig Knudsen, shows how a MIDI songfile that has been converted to an audio file (whilst keeping the MIDI data) is beamed via WiFi to an Apple Airport Express that has been fixed underneath the Yamaha Disklavier reproducing piano. The Apple Airport Express is then in turn hooked up to the analog MIDI inputs of the piano via an audio cable. All that remains then, as is shown to very impressive effect in the video, is to ask Siri to play a song from the iTunes library on your iPhone 4S, and watch as she eerily moves the piano keys and pedals and plays the tune. Fascinating stuff! Is there no end to Siri’s talents?

Source: Siri plays the Yamaha Disklavier piano using AirPlay

Last edited by a moderator:
Freaking awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

This is really superb and mind blowing. Siri is a great entertainment for me, but I am unable to use it for other reasons as such in an easy way due to accent recognition problem every time i speak a new word.