What's new

Notifications and sounds

krazel12

Reaction score
So today I was sitting in class texting. Like most of my classes it's taboo for me to be on my phone and it's definitely a no no for my phone to make any noise. Unfortunately I accidentally held down the home/iPod button for too long and Siri popped up. The usual beeping noise she makes when she's ready for me to speak occurred! Luckily my teacher didn't hear anything, but I thought to myself I could get in trouble for that so easily! So my question is... How do I make Siri shut up when my phone is turned to silent/vibrate mode?

Secondly, another thing I find annoying is my text message ring tone plays through my speaker as I'm on the phone with someone and I'm curious how to turn that type of notification off!

Please and thank you!

Turn off siri in setting if you do not want to use siri or if you don't want to siri to make noises when accidentally activated. As for that text message noise when on phone call, i think it's a firmware version bug, i do not have that issue with my iPhone and i have no special setting for it. Is it making sound when on phone call and even though the phone is on silent mode? or it makes that sound only when the phone is not in silent mode?

bab2010 said:
Turn off siri in setting if you do not want to use siri or if you don't want to siri to make noises when accidentally activated. As for that text message noise when on phone call, i think it's a firmware version bug, i do not have that issue with my iPhone and i have no special setting for it. Is it making sound when on phone call and even though the phone is on silent mode? or it makes that sound only when the phone is not in silent mode?

It makes the sound whenever the phone is off silent mode. The ringtone plays through the same speaker as the person's voice comes through so they can't hear it, still hear me, and i can't hear them.