What's new

notification number on my settings wont go away

mbaverizon

Reaction score
ok when the 5.0.1 first came out a 1 poped up on my settings app, i downloaded the ios 5.0.1 and the 1 is still on my app why is it still there???

mbaverizon said:
ok when the 5.0.1 first came out a 1 poped up on my settings app, i downloaded the ios 5.0.1 and the 1 is still on my app why is it still there???

Have you tried a hard reset? It might just be a glitch. :)

mbaverizon said:
will a hard reset erase everything

Hard Reset... holding the home & lock buttons together for 10 seconds then release both. It reboots the phone & allows the app cache to fully restart.

thomasjtsi said:
Hard Reset... holding the home & lock buttons together for 10 seconds then release both. It reboots the phone & allows the app cache to fully restart.

As above

I have the same problem with the number 1 not disappearing on the settings app after I upgraded to ios5.0.1 today.
I tried a normal restart and a hard reboot but it's still there. I've gone into the menu several times and "checked for updates" but it still refuses to recognize that that number 1 no longer needs to be there. It's not like its hurting anything but its annoying because that little number didn't appear until ios5.0.1 was released. Maybe this is an apple bug.