What's new

Not Getting Voicemail Notifications

gadget069

Reaction score
I decided to switch back to my s7 edge and once the phone booted up I received notification for 4 voicemails. I did have some missed calls on my iPhone. This concerns me allot. Especially since one of them was from my kids camp counselor I didn't have a phone number for. Anyone else having this issue?

Nope, not me. I sometimes wish I didn't receive as many messages or phone calls that I do...LOL.

Reactions: 933
It's starting to get annoying. I miss my Android but love the battery life of the iPhone.

Did you try a "Reset Network Settings" in Settings>General>Reset?

I reset the whole phone. Now going through the pains of entering passwords for everything.

And yes after resetting the phone the voicemail is showing up now.

Last edited:
Grrrr back to not receiving voicemail notifications again. There must be singing that happens on att end when I switch back and forth from my S7 and iPhone. I guess I'll reset the phone again and restore.

Have you tried to do a hard reset?
How you do it is different between the iPhone 7 and the earlier iPhones.
It worked on my iPhone 7 when I had the same issue.
This way you don’t loose anything so I should try if if I was you.

Have you tried to do a hard reset?
How you do it is different between the iPhone 7 and the earlier iPhones.
It worked on my iPhone 7 when I had the same issue.
This way you don’t loose anything so I should try if if I was you.

What's a "hard reset"? I was planning on wiping my phone and restoring my backup.

A hard reset is done by holding down the power button and the home button (volume down for the iP7) at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then let go, and after a pause the phone will reboot.

A hard reset is done by holding down the power button and the home button (volume down for the iP7) at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then let go, and after a pause the phone will reboot.

Thanks, I did a quick Google search ages found the info. No luck. I'm wondering with throwing the sim in my android phone it somehow reproductions
re-provisions the sim or my account. I'll do another factory reset tomorrow and see what happens. I may also take a trip to my local at&t store and get a new sim.

The one time I messed up and switched to the Google Nexus (Android OS) I just swapped the sim cards and the phone worked out of the box, but there was sync issues with voicemail and mms messages. There were a few days where I went back and forth between the iPhone and the Nexus, and the vm notification and service reliability was sporadic.

Turns out that I had to inform my carrier every time I was making the switch between each device as the data language between both devices had to be toggled on the carrier side so that the device would receive the information from the network to be displayed correctly on the device I was using.

Long story short, swapping cards on the fly between non-iPhones caused the voicemail/sync issues sounds like you're experiencing. Not sure if that's been corrected by now, but this was in Canada around 2014. So not very long ago, but not so recent. Might be something worth exploring.

The one time I messed up and switched to the Google Nexus (Android OS) I just swapped the sim cards and the phone worked out of the box, but there was sync issues with voicemail and mms messages. There were a few days where I went back and forth between the iPhone and the Nexus, and the vm notification and service reliability was sporadic.

Turns out that I had to inform my carrier every time I was making the switch between each device as the data language between both devices had to be toggled on the carrier side so that the device would receive the information from the network to be displayed correctly on the device I was using.

Long story short, swapping cards on the fly between non-iPhones caused the voicemail/sync issues sounds like you're experiencing. Not sure if that's been corrected by now, but this was in Canada around 2014. So not very long ago, but not so recent. Might be something worth exploring.

You hit the nail on the head. They have to change settings on their end to make the iPhone voicemail to work properly. And yes if I want to switch back and forth between phones I have to call them and have them make changes in their end. Kind of a pain. Oh well. Everything seems to be working fine now.

I having the same issue of late notifications for my voicemails! So if I missed a call the the caller left a VM it takes a half hour or more for my phone to even alert me won't even show before hand a VM. I have a iPhone 7+ with tmobile