What's new

Not getting notifications for one app

bkford

Reaction score
Previously was working. Family Wall says they can’t help b/c they can’t re-create the problem. Both my husband and myself are no longer getting notifications (everyone else in family is getting). Have checked all notification settings on the device and within the app. Same as another person who is getting them. Downloaded latest iOS, as did the person for whom it IS working. What else can I try? IPhone 7 Plus (me) and iPhone 8 Plus (husband).

Of note, in our family circle (those who are “on” my Family Wall), my husband and I are the only ones with the app on two devices (each of us has iPhone and iPad). I recently discovered that any change to the app on my iPhone also makes the change on the iPad version of the app. In other words, the settings must be per user, not per device.

If it’s a third party app like WhatsApp, go to the app’s settings within the app, and make sure something like “Show Notifications” is enabled for messages and groups.

Also:
On the iPhone, go to the built in Settings app, select Notifications, scroll down to the app, make sure “Allow Notifications” is enabled, select the alert style you prefer (Lock Screen/Notification Centre/Banners) and a sound.