What's new

not able to get around this (greenpoisi0n) jailbreak no matter what i do.

hussamutza

Reaction score
it's just driving me crazy that not alot of ppl have had my problem and the few who had it just did solve it yet, and hopefully i could get it solved here,

i have an iphone 4
version 4.2.1
running on win7 computer

already have had redsnow up and running smoothly, until i had the respring problems that made my phone freeze each time i do so, so i went to green poison, here is my problem, following the step by step and i know what im doing i guess, i know how to enter DFU mode and i know how to install jailbreaks but when installing green poison right after getting into DFU mode and clicking on Jailbreak the screen just stays blank for a minute or two, and here comes the apple logo and no jailbreak, and i think i know where is the problem but cant solve it, my iphone won't show the verbose text on screen or do any kind of booting nor shows the white screen, after like 1-2mins apple logo shows and phone starts up, its just like an iphone restart but a 2-3mins long one, im very grateful if anyone could help me out.

thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you restored your phone first to remove the redsnow jailbreak...?

yes i had, tried both ways with redsnow and without redsnow, and it doesnt seems to work at all.

Dont use redsn0w on 4.2.1.

Restore to 4.2.1 via iTunes to remove any jailbreak then use only greenpoisi0n to jailbreak...

I'd go with gaz's suggestion

Then instead of shutting down phone just go straight into hold sleep button etc as it tells you as found this way worked well for me

Further to my last make sure you have agood Internet connection as my mates 3GS did same then failed each time till I got connection on laptop

Further to my last make sure you have agood Internet connection as my mates 3GS did same then failed each time till I got connection on laptop

I'm using OSX 10.6.6 and i'm having issues with it also, it tells me the jailbreak failed. are you suggesting that i need to add greenpoison to the firewall, or shut my firewall down completely until the process is complete ? in one of phils vid's he refers to littlesnitch and he's using a mac, but i'm not using that.

You need a good Internet connection and iTunes needs to be installed also. I would disable you anti virus and any firewall just to rule it out.

I have windows xp and my Microsoft firewall was turned on when jailbreaking...

hello every one ,
i am new member of this forum i got i phone 3gs with 05.15.04 base band
and i try to jail break with red snow and it install cydia fine after phone restart
when i open the cydia it just blink can anyone help me to solve this problem thanks

Thanks for the tips James, i'm gonna try that later today.

Edit: I can get into DFU mode, but then when i open itunes, and select my new build to restore, itunes is telling me my new restore files is not compatible. Maybe its the version of itunes i'm running ? i'm running 10.1.2, the latest. also, do i need to remove ibooks ?

Last edited:
I also have a 3gs 4.2.1 with 5.15.04 and used sn0wbreeze and it failed 3 times running got as far as restore from itunes from the ipsw 4.2.1 saved on desktop and all i keep getting is error 21 when try restore from itunes.

Am really lost now

Alrighty .... i'm jailbroken and updating my cydia right now. I followed the Pwnagetool howto from the previous page, and figured out something was really wrong. The 4.2.1_restore.ipsw file that they recommend to download isn't for the verizon iphone, it must be for the AT&T products. The current file for the verizon iphone, iPhone3,3_4.2.6_8E200_restore.ipsw. That file is located inside the itunes directory structure, and the pwnagetool app finds that file.

After i rebuilt my restore, and successfully got into DFU mode, i opened itunes and pointed the restore tool to this new rebuilt image, and i'm up and running. Thanks again for the tips.