What's new

noob here with question....

loco

Reaction score
im not sure if im posting in the right place, if not, i appologize in advance....

im an extreme noob, just got iphone 4 last night. been tinkering all night and first thing this morning.

a few quick questions:
1. do i have to use itunes to transfer from the phone to the pc ? reason im asking is id like to be able to transfer files and phots from my phone, to my work computer, but work does not allow itunes.

2. is t possible to download apps off the web and install on phone without itunes ? i see iphone apps all over the web that are downloads to the pc, but i have no idea how to install them on the phone.

3. can you recommend some kind of tutorial for itunes ? im having all kinds of problems understand it. it seem complex when im just used to a drag and drop system.

thank you, thank you, thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Yes, iTunes is required to sync files to the phone. You can only sync your phone to one iTunes account at a time, so even if you could install iTunes to your work computer you wouldn't be able to add files from it without removing everything from your phone that you've added from your personal computer. There are 3rd party programmes that can help you but I personally wouldn't use them.

2. You can download apps directly on your phone via the app store. Or on your PC via the app store in iTunes. Any apps you've found anywhere else are most likely cracked (pirated) and therefor illegal and iTunes won't let you install them to your phone.

3. There's a help function in iTunes in one of the tabs at the top. I'm sure it's the last one on the right...