What's new

NO WAY TO JAILBREAK!

etude102

Reaction score
When I try to jailbreak my iPad 3 (64 G) with the latest Pangu (ver. 1.2.1) using Windows 7, 64 bit with iTunes 12.1.0.71, it tells me that the "iTunes version is too old. Please upgrade iTunes to version 11.2 or later." That's clearly bass-ackward. When I try to jailbreak with TaiG 1.2.0, it tells me it "Can't find the Apple driver, please download and install iTunes." So, iTunes is installed and is version > 11.2 and because it's installed, the "driver" TaiG is looking for must be there. I have removed any lock codes and even set the iPad to "Airplane" mode. Nothing works.

I also have a Mac with Yosemite OS X (10.9.5) version on it. Pangu says that it only works with version 8 or 8.1 of iOS on the iPad (which is 8.1.2). So, I downloaded the PPJailbreak for the Mac. It runs, but the "Jailbreak" button never lights up even after unchecking the box in the lower left corner. I know that my iPad is connected because iTunes comes up and sees it. I am closing iTunes before executing PPJailbreak. I think that pretty much covers any way I've found to jailbreak. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to have a successful jailbreak?

Welcome to iPhoneForums, etude102!

With iOS 8.1.2, it's possible to jailbreak using TaiG (PC) or PP (Mac), afaik.

As you're talking about an iPad: there's also our sisterforum, dedicated to the iPad, and with lots of helpful members:
Apple iPad Forum

Only TaiG is able to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 and 8.1.2. The Pangu tool was not updated for iOS 8.1.1 and 8.1.2 support. Uninstall iTunes as well as all of its components. Perform a hard reboot of your computer by holding down the Power Button and bypassing the soft-reboot procedures (don't interact with the Start button, etc). Boot your computer back up, and reinstall iTunes via the iTunes site. Keep the iPad unplugged during installation.

Download the TaiG utility again, and run it as an administrator. Also make sure that your network ports aren't blocked, which is common at institutional environments. Compatibility really isn't an issue but you can attempt to run TaiG in Windows XP compatibility.

Only TaiG is able to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 and 8.1.2. The Pangu tool was not updated for iOS 8.1.1 and 8.1.2 support. Uninstall iTunes as well as all of its components. Perform a hard reboot of your computer by holding down the Power Button and bypassing the soft-reboot procedures (don't interact with the Start button, etc). Boot your computer back up, and reinstall iTunes via the iTunes site. Keep the iPad unplugged during installation.

Download the TaiG utility again, and run it as an administrator. Also make sure that your network ports aren't blocked, which is common at institutional environments. Compatibility really isn't an issue but you can attempt to run TaiG in Windows XP compatibility.

Thank you. I'll post there instead.

Thanks willerz2: I did as you recommended to no avail. I removed iTunes, powered down, installed iTunes, ran TaiG again as administrator and in XP compatibility. I get the same message. Any other suggestions?
TaiG Error.jpg