What's new

no way of restoring phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt2403

Reaction score
So i made a stupid error in downloading ios7 beta without realising it needed to be activated. So im stuck with it saying it cant be activated and in itunes the only thing that comes up is:
[h=1]Activation error[/h]
This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program.If you are a member of the Program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program Portal.

So my lock button doesn't work so i can't force it into DFU mode and there is no present restore button on itunes so I have no idea on how to restore my iphone now. Hats off to someone who can come up with an answer to this.

Thanks in advance.

So i made a stupid error in downloading ios7 beta without realising it needed to be activated. So im stuck with it saying it cant be activated and in itunes the only thing that comes up is: [h=1]Activation error[/h]This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program.If you are a member of the Program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program Portal. So my lock button doesn't work so i can't force it into DFU mode and there is no present restore button on itunes so I have no idea on how to restore my iphone now. Hats off to someone who can come up with an answer to this. Thanks in advance.
I'm afraid that unless you register as an iOS Developer at a cost of $99.00/year and register your iPhone's UDID number with the developer program, you will not be able to activate your iPhone. What happened to you is the result of an Apple security program designed to prevent anyone other than registered iOS Developers from using iOS 7 beta releases on their devices. It is actually illegal to download and use or attempt to use iOS beta releases unless you are a registered iOS Developer.

Last edited:
I've moved your post to the iOS 7 Pre-Release Discussions Forum, where it will receive more attention.

Wow, sorry without DFU that will be tough. Just for info sake, are you running iTunes 11.1 beta on Mac? If you're on Windows it should release tomorrow.

This member hasn't been back in the forum since his post, he obviously found out what he needed to know therefore i will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.