What's new

No Text alert in car?

bubi1

Reaction score
WHen I'm in the car the volume locks to silent, so I hear no text alerts! Is this intentional?

WHen I'm in the car the volume locks to silent, so I hear no text alerts! Is this intentional?

Perhaps there's a ghost in the car that switches it.. so you're not messing w/ your phone while driving. LOL!! But really... give us more info please. Do you use a car kit w/ your phone docked while you're driving?

The phone does not have to be charging in car, the volume locks. Only phone rings through the bluetooth in car. No carkit That's it. Maybe it is Steve Jobs looking after me! LOL

The phone does not have to be charging in car, the volume locks. Only phone rings through the bluetooth in car. No carkit That's it. Maybe it is Steve Jobs looking after me! LOL
So... what you're saying is you have Microsoft Sync (or GM's equivilent) and you're phone automatically connects via Bluetooth?

yes, car connects automatically to bluetooth.

The reason I mention that... is I have a Mercury w/ Microsoft Sync. It automatically connects to my phone as well when I get in. When you're phone is connected... there should be an option w/ your stereo for "Privacy." Change that setting and see if straigtens things out.

i have the same problem. when connected via bluetooth, no normal phone notifications will be heard. 2010 VW, and that's also the case in 2012 bmw.

Will check that today! I have an Acura so im not sure if I can change that setting but I'll check manual!
Thanks for your time.