What's new

No Swipe to Restart in iOS 6?

iMitch

Reaction score
If I hold the home button and power button on my iPhone 4S running iOS 6 I am NOT prompted to swipe to restart the phone just shuts down completely and does not reboot. Is this a new feature or is something potentially wrong?

Thanks

If you're holding the home and lock buttons together... you're performing a "Hard Reset." Pre-iOS 6 the "slide to power off" would come up. Now it's not there... just continue to hold both buttons and the Apple logo will come up as usual.

The "hard reset" (when u hold down the power button and home button) does this reset ur phone as in it wipes everything or is it like takin a battery out the back of an android phone restart? Sorry new to apple...have a 4s.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

The "hard reset" (when u hold down the power button and home button) does this reset ur phone as in it wipes everything or is it like takin a battery out the back of an android phone restart? Sorry new to apple...have a 4s.

The "Hard Reset" goes further than a battery pull on an Android phone but does not touch your data in any way. It is as a way to boot clean with your last saved settings intact.

Skull One said:
The "Hard Reset" goes further than a battery pull on an Android phone but does not touch your data in any way. It is as a way to boot clean with your last saved settings intact.

Ok thanks so I won't loose anything by doing this???