What's new

No ring tone or text tones most of the time...why?

JennieR

Reaction score
After one of the last IOS 7 updates my iPhone 4S stopped it's ringtones and text tones most of the time not all of the time. It's VERY inconvenient. I have checked the volume in settings and in my music app and the silent switch on the side and they are all ok. And there are times they work. I'll get a call or a text and they will work and the next 3 or 4 will be silent. Is anyone else having this issue or have any suggestions.

After one of the last IOS 7 updates my iPhone 4S stopped it's ringtones and text tones most of the time not all of the time. It's VERY inconvenient. I have checked the volume in settings and in my music app and the silent switch on the side and they are all ok. And there are times they work. I'll get a call or a text and they will work and the next 3 or 4 will be silent. Is anyone else having this issue or have any suggestions.

i am having the same problem on a new ATT iPhone 5S with all the latest updates. My sister is also having the same problem. What's up? This original post was posted in 2010. Hasn't this problem been fixed yet? And what IS the solution? I really need to know when I get text messages!

My wife and I have this issues intermittently on our 4S's.

I would first try a hard reset. (Push top button and home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.) If that doesn't work, then try Reset Network in settings. If that doesn't work, then try Reset All Settings.