What's new

no network with 4.3.5

Superbee

Reaction score
Hi there, had some bad luck and broke 2 smartphones in about a 2 week time frame :(

One of my buddies sold me his i phone 3gs.

It had the newest firmware 4.3.5 installed on it from itunes.

I have tmobile so i downloaded redsn0w and unlocked and jailbroke the phone and got it fired up for the first time.

Worked except i have no carrier. It says unable to load network list.

Did some looking around and about all ive found is some people say to reset network settings then uncheck the 3g then re-check but that did nothing.

Anyone know what i need to do?

This iphone buisness is new to me, took me 2 nights of reading and trial and error to get this far.

So close just need to finish, i have no phone and that is an inconvinience! lol

Thanks.

forgot to add that also, it detects my sim card, but i have no contacts.

modem firmware - 05.16.02

Last edited:
anyone have any ideas at all? I have no other phone now. Surely i can make this work right?

You need to update to the iPad baseband 06.15.00 in order to unlock. 05.16.02 is not unlockable. Doing this will most likely render your GPS useless.

Last edited:
ok thats what it was looking like when reading around the internet for this issue. Is there a how to somewhere, im gonna look and see if i cant find one.

Just search "redsn0w ipad baseband" in Google, I believe that the new Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 should pretty much walk you through the process.

yeah thats what im trying to do. seems like the newer versions of redsn0w dont have the baseband option....

One question i do have, is, can i just go in and select to change baseband, or do i need to select that AND install cydia too and redo it all over.

You have to use whatever version IPSW the version of redsn0w you have was designed for. Older versions will not work with newer firmwares. As far as I know 0.9.9b1 doesn't even require an IPSW at all.

Yeah sorry, i acidentially clicked the wrong version than you said.

on the version you tell me to get, I dont see an option to change the baseband? or am i just missing it? I cant really find anything about the baseband on the redsn0w site ecept on an older version.

Thanks for your help so far.

just redid it again with the version you said, no option for baseband change. This is driving me insane. cannot find out how the heck to change the bb with 4.3.5!!! everything on the internet is for changing to the ipad bb on an EARLIER firmware. this is getting old real fast.

correct me if im wrong, but i cannot go to 4.2.1 firmware since i have no shsh blobs backed up, right?