What's new

No more unlimited 3G plan?

Ferrari

Reaction score
Is there a reason for this?
they're losing a lot of customers because of this reason

I want to have the freedom of going anywhere with my phone knowing I wont be going over the data plan....
Are they gonna add this back or no? does anyone know?

Nope, looks like most wireless plans will be adopting this in some form or fashion.

Seriously? :(
so we're not gonna expect unlimited anymore on any providers? :(
that's sooo gay!

My Tmobile plan is unlimited but it is not 3G although it is pretty fast. And did I mention that it is unlimited. As a matter of fact I am using my iphone 4 with a Rock program called MyWi 4.0 to tether my laptop while I am at work or anyplace I can get a phone signal. Plus my grandfathered plan is only costing me $19 bucks a month.

What's even worse is the 45$ plan for tethering that is still only 2 gb as well. seems like a rip off to me.

The 2 gig plan is a rip off. I know so many people who go over that every single month and they usually pay about 20 bucks extra. Im very glad and thankful that i got locked in to the unlimited. Unfortunately, most companies are adopting the limited data plan. As for tmobile, the reason why they may not be this far is because... Well... They just caught up with the data so itll be a while before they catch up with the idea to limit it.

u can still get unlimited data for 5 bucks more, so 30 for unlimited internet. read up on it they teach u how.

Any word out that they may be adding it back again anytime soon? :(
I'm over at best buy, and I'm like "man... I feel like I have an ipod touch still with this iphone because I'm still restricted to doing stuff with it"

they put in limits, because if not there would be an overload, and than there would be crashes and what not.....c'mon think about it

they put in limits, because if not there would be an overload, and than there would be crashes and what not.....c'mon think about it

If all the other service providers can do it, AT&T can too.
c'mon think about it

they put a cap on the data usage because of the people who used to tether with a jailbroken device, they would tether and suck all the data from the surrounding users, thats what the AT&T rep told me when i was opening my account with AT&T

u can still get unlimited data for 5 bucks more, so 30 for unlimited internet. read up on it they teach u how.

I don't think it's available anymore...

its not available if you ask for it directly, but there are ways to get around it...dont remember the method right off the top of my head, but it requires you to put the sim card in a 2g iphone or something. all my friends that have the iphone4 are using unlimited data plans. im still on the fence about it since i havnt gotten my first real bill yet so i dont know if its worth going unlimited. but we shall see.