What's new

No iCloud install for Windows XP??

xrayeyes

Reaction score
[h=2]:(

Download the
iCloud Control Panel.[/h] To enable iCloud on your Windows PC, install the iCloud Control Panel for Windows (Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or Windows 7 required).

If there is no mention of xp then I asume there is no support for it.. the os is so many years old now, whats stopping you and many other windows users from leaving xp? It seems that many of you dont want to leave xp for some reason

If there is no mention of xp then I asume there is no support for it.. the os is so many years old now, whats stopping you and many other windows users from leaving xp? It seems that many of you dont want to leave xp for some reason

I can't speak for the OP, but a couple of reasons that I can think of are that XP is a good solid OS that just got left behind, and if it's serving people well they may see no reason to spend the money. Many are waiting to make the transition when they purchase a new system and just aren't ready to do that yet. There are still literally millions of XP users out there. Having said this, the days for XP are numbered and you can't blame companies for not spending money supporting it, especially for new applications. It's moments like this that will spur people into finally taking the plunge.

there's still a lot of corporations that run windows xp but those are getting fewer and fewer.

after all windows xp is over 10 years old.

XP was by far more superior than Vista. Which is why a LOT of users never upgraded. And with the initial cost of buying Windows 7, which is better than XP, being north of $150 a lot of users just don't see the point in upgrading. Especially, when XP works faster on their hardware than Win7 will.

As a professional developer for Windows, I never recommend upgrading XP to Vista. And only recommend Win7 if they plan on buying new hardware.

Yeah, about $1000 reason! Although my desktop is 8 years old, it works perfectly fine for me. I have no reason at this point to update to Win7 because my current computer would not support it and I'd have to shell out some money--I'd have to buy a new one. XP is still used by millions of people who are not ready to get rid of it. Is Apple in bed with MS to "force" new Macs and PC's on people to support their product? I don't know. I can understand not supporting anything under XP, but I was very very surprised to see it not support XP. I guess I will miss out on iCloud until I can pay some bucks for a new computer. :(

windows 2k was very stable as well I remember even more so then xp.. it took a lot for me to leave windows 2k..