What's new

No Amber Alerts

txcybermom

Reaction score
Recently my phone has stopped alerting me of Amber Alerts that are issued. At one time, probably several months ago my phone would make a loud noise when one was issued, now it doesn't. The alert is turned on for both Amber and Presidential alerts. What is causing this?

Recently my phone has stopped alerting me of Amber Alerts that are issued. At one time, probably several months ago my phone would make a loud noise when one was issued, now it doesn't. The alert is turned on for both Amber and Presidential alerts. What is causing this?
Some Amber Alerts are area or regional. So you may not get every alert issued nationwide. If there was an alert for your area, and you didn't get it, then you might check with your carrier or with Apple Support.

I've. Had my iPhone 5 for 3 months, and have yet to get my first Amber Alert. I don't have a clue what it sounds like.

Who will receive the alerts?

Alerts are broadcast only from cell towers in the zone of an emergency. The alerts are geographically targeted to cell towers in the location of the emergency. Phones that are using the cell towers in the alert zone will receive the WEA. This means that if an alert is sent to an area in New York, all WEA-capable phones in the alert area can receive the WEA, even if they are phones that are roaming or visiting from another state. In other words, a customer visiting from Chicago would receive alerts in New York if they have a WEA-enabled mobile device and their phone is using a cell tower in the alert zone.