What's new

Newbie....Want to jailbrake my iphone ...need help!

DolphinxManiax23

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm. Newbie for the iPhone..I want to jailbrake my iPhone but have a few questions to ask!
1) Which jailbrake should I install? Which is the best one?
2) also, after installing themes for it how do I install them after its jailbraked?
3) When I need to take it in to apple how do I get rid of jailbrake then?
4) and will I still have my warranty avaible? I just bc got my iPhone not too long ago.
If anyone can help me out I really applicate it!
Thanks soo much,

Hello all,
I'm. Newbie for the iPhone..I want to jailbrake my iPhone but have a few questions to ask!
2) also, after installing themes for it how do I install them after its jailbraked?
4) and will I still have my warranty avaible? I just bc got my iPhone not too long ago.
Thanks soo much,
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

hi,you didn't say which iPhone you have,I'm assuming its 4s as you mentioned warranty,you will need to specify which phone you have though.

Hello all,
I'm. Newbie for the iPhone..I want to jailbrake my iPhone but have a new questions to ask!
Thanks soo much,

1) update your iPhone to 5.1.1 via iTunes or OTA.
2) you need to jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0.4 from here: greenpois0n.com
4) after jailbreaking you should install Mobile Substrate, respring, then install WinterBoard. Themes are pretty easy to find, just go to the "Sections" tab within Cydia and you'll see the category.
5) you will still have your warranty as long as you don't tell Apple tha you jailbroke. Before taking to Apple Store, restores SETUP AS NEW, and your good and they will never know. If you restore from a backup, they can be able to tell if you jailbroke.

There are 2 types of themes.
WinterBaord
DreamBoard.

DreamBoard is really heavy and I don't really recommend it...but that's up to you.

WinterBoard is far more stable...and to activate themes you have to open the app, tap Themes, select the themes, go back, and respring, or just press the home button and the themes will be activated.

Good luck.

You should restore and setup as new device before jailbreaking. Don't "Erase All Content and Setting".

After restore, setup phone til you get to the SpringBoard(home screen). One you can see your SprinBoard, don't do anything...just jailbreak with Absinthe.

Then restore your backup from iTunes if you wish.

Thanks...will I lose all my contacts and messages when I do this? And how can I backup my phone with iTunes?

DolphinxManiax23 said:
Thanks...will I lose all my contacts and messages when I do this? And how can I backup my phone with iTunes?

No.
Anything toggled on in Settings> iCloud will be restored to your device always, even if you don't restore from backup (which I always recommend). Messages will be deleted if you don't restore from backup tho...along with call logs.

Backup in iTunes:

Plug in iPhone, open iTunes.
Right click on device name in left pane.
Click "backup iPhone"

zig9449 said:
1) update your iPhone to 5.1.1 via iTunes or OTA.
2) you need to jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0.4 from here: greenpois0n.com
4) after jailbreaking you should install Mobile Substrate, respring, then install WinterBoard. Themes are pretty easy to find, just go to the "Sections" tab within Cydia and you'll see the category.
5) you will still have your warranty as long as you don't tell Apple tha you jailbroke. Before taking to Apple Store, restores SETUP AS NEW, and your good and they will never know. If you restore from a backup, they can be able to tell if you jailbroke.

There are 2 types of themes.
WinterBaord
DreamBoard.

DreamBoard is really heavy and I don't really recommend it...but that's up to you.

WinterBoard is far more stable...and to activate themes you have to open the app, tap Themes, select the themes, go back, and respring, or just press the home button and the themes will be activated.

Good luck.

You should restore and setup as new device before jailbreaking. Don't "Erase All Content and Setting".

After restore, setup phone til you get to the SpringBoard(home screen). One you can see your SprinBoard, don't do anything...just jailbreak with Absinthe.

Then restore your backup from iTunes if you wish.

How do I install mobile substrate, and respiring?
And what is springboard?
Sorry I'm new to all this stuff.

DolphinxManiax23 said:
How do I install mobile substrate, and respiring?
And what is springboard?
Sorry I'm new to all this stuff.

SpringBoard is your home screen where all your app icons are.

Once you first open Cydia..will load, then your device will respring. Respringing is restarting SpringBoard without rebooting the phone.

Once Cydia resprings your device after you first open it, open it again and wait for it to completely load. It will take a little bit of time the first time. Just wait. You'll know when it's done.

After it fully loads, tap on the Search tab and search for Mobile Substrate. Install it.

Once it's done installing tap the Restart SpringBoard button and it will respring.

The new redsnow is out and i think it works with iPhone 4s and it's way more stable with iPhone crashes and easier and I use redsnow it much better with no error accouring in absinthe

saintdawson said:
The new redsnow is out and i think it works with iPhone 4s and it's way more stable with iPhone crashes and easier and I use redsnow it much better with no error accouring in absinthe

I agree 100%... But I have had no problems with Absinthe...

When I restore my phone very soon, I am not sure if I'll use redsn0w Absinthe, or CLI.

I may use Absinthe since it gave me such a nice stable jailbreak...redsn0w I already know works great most likely (even tho I haven't used it) because I have alway used redsn0w

Okay...I'm either going Absinthe or CLI...

Okay....I'm going CLI....and I'm gonna try to figure out what extra options the CLI has.

Huh...that was quick.

So when I jailbrake and backup I will be safe with my contacts n text messages still there? Just making sure before I jump into it.

Forget my last reply..seen the other post.
One more thing, when I wet to go back to ye phone itself instead of jailbrake how would I go back to itself again? Like how I is now. Before jailbrake?