What's new

Newbie question!

SmallTownUSA

Reaction score
Hi All: I have a very old ipod and want to upgrade to iphone4 w/verizon. My question(s):
(1) Can I upload music and audio books to the iphone4 (using itunes) like I do on my ipod? I download some music and audio books from the net (not the Apple store) and store it on the ipod. I want to do the same for the iphone4.
(2) Is the charging socket for the iphone4 the same as my ipod (not the charger, but the socket)?
Thankx,
Harold

If you arrived to ipload songs and books which you have downloaded from internet to your ipod via itunes, then you should be able to do the same with your future iphone4 without troubles. As for the socket, i do not know if iphone4 socket and ipo socket are the same as i've never owned an ipod or never pay attention to that details. But what is it about? When you buy a new iphone4 iy will come with it's own charger so that u will not have to use your ipod charger on it. Welcome to the forum and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But what is it about? When you buy a new iphone4 iy will come with it's own charger so that u will not have to use your ipod charger on it.

Thanks for the response.
I have installed a special wiring harness in my vehicle which uses the Ipod connection to (1) charge the ipod and (2) play music, etc. directly through my radio/speakers.

Harold

But what is it about? When you buy a new iphone4 iy will come with it's own charger so that u will not have to use your ipod charger on it.

Thanks for the response.
I have installed a special wiring harness in my vehicle which uses the Ipod connection to (1) charge the ipod and (2) play music, etc. directly through my radio/speakers.

Harold

Ah i see... Well i think that they ipod socket and the iphone4 might be the same size socket and so on, but i'm prety sure that the iPhone4 will not recognize that wire of ipod you are talking about even though the wire is well plug inside the socket of the iphone 4, if that happen to you, don't try hard on it, it's just not compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmallTownUSA said:
Hi All: I have a very old ipod and want to upgrade to iphone4 w/verizon. My question(s):
(1) Can I upload music and audio books to the iphone4 (using itunes) like I do on my ipod? I download some music and audio books from the net (not the Apple store) and store it on the ipod. I want to do the same for the iphone4.
(2) Is the charging socket for the iphone4 the same as my ipod (not the charger, but the socket)?
Thankx,
Harold

Yes. It's the same socket. I have multiple idevices and can use the same cord but I usually use what was shipped with the device

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

If you cant find a solution for this on the forums, seek help from apple

It depends on how old your iPod is. The older generation iPods use a connector that is different than the iPhone.

Thanks for the response.

Harold

The plug/socket may or may not work depending on how old it is.

Especially with the units that you hook up into your vehicle or aftermarket products. The older ipod hookups may not be compatible with the newer products.

I had an ipod2car unit many years ago. I upgraded to a new 'classic' and although it still played, the click wheel didn't respond properly. Buying a new unit fixed that. Now - this current unit (USA Spec) works great with my ipod Classic but is not compatible with my iphone 4 (you get an error on the phone after you plug it in).

Now - if you're talking Apple products, you might have better luck. I'm currently using an older socket hook up on my computer for my iphone and it works fine.