What's new

New user looking for voicemail to mp3 help

TomO

Reaction score
Hello

My name is Tom. I'm just trying to convert an existing voicemail to an mp3 file. I have AT&T and an iPhone 4. I called AT&T customer service and was on hold for 15-20 minutes. Their customer service rep told me he would transfer me to an Apple rep. He never did. The AT&T rep placed me on hold for a while then came back and told me to get the HulloMail app. He sent me a text with the same info. I got the app and paid for 1 year of service. It appears it will only transfer new voicemails to saveable audio files, not pre-existing ones. I specified pre-existing to the service rep. It is very possible that this problem is just user-error on my part, but I can't even seem to find any help on the HulloMail FAQ's. I've Googled it as well and still can't seem to find very solid answers. Do I need to "Jailbreak" my phone? And what the hell is jailbreaking anyway? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks folks!

Hello

My name is Tom. I'm just trying to convert an existing voicemail to an mp3 file. I have AT&T and an iPhone 4. I called AT&T customer service and was on hold for 15-20 minutes. Their customer service rep told me he would transfer me to an Apple rep. He never did. The AT&T rep placed me on hold for a while then came back and told me to get the HulloMail app. He sent me a text with the same info. I got the app and paid for 1 year of service. It appears it will only transfer new voicemails to saveable audio files, not pre-existing ones. I specified pre-existing to the service rep. It is very possible that this problem is just user-error on my part, but I can't even seem to find any help on the HulloMail FAQ's. I've Googled it as well and still can't seem to find very solid answers. Do I need to "Jailbreak" my phone? And what the hell is jailbreaking anyway? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks folks!

Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

Thanks smalltowngirl. Could you possibly help me with this? If not do you know anyone on here who you feel may be able? I may just end up calling AT&T back and express my frustration with their advise that was obviously wrong and ended up costing me an annual fee for HulloMail. It just seems strange that this option isn't readily available. I looked at the links posted above and none were about my topic. I can't be the only person who is trying to do this. The voicemails I'm trying to save are from my mother who passed away early this year, so its rather important to me.

Hey Tom,

I was in the same boat, I have been using YouMail for quite some time, but I had 18 messages that were 'stuck' on Verizon's voicemail servers from before I began using YouMail.

I found a great site to get them saved for me. It was www.SaveMyVM.com

They saved them to MP3 and emailed them back to me before I activated my new iPhone5.

Let me know if you try this or if you find another solution.

Later!
~Cody