What's new

New to the iPhone Forum, Hello Everyone!

Should I stay stock or Jailbreak?

• Jailbreak! Try this!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AceM3

Reaction score
Hello All, :)

My name is Abe, I'm currently visiting SoCal but live in San Antonio TX. I have owned an iPhone 3G and upgraded when the 4 first came out in white.

Sadly I switched companies from AT&T to Sprint due to them not honoring my Grandfather plan, and i sold my first 4G. I went from a 16Gb to an 8GB

with Sprint and also got my wife the same one as well. Well it was all nice and beautiful until a few weeks back. The new iPhone came out and my

current one began to act up. Turns off randomly, and resets when it wishes to. I didn't really want to upgrade but as soon as my phone met with my PC it

began its process this morning. So this is why I am here. I want to know if its better to try out the new IOS, or to just Jailbreak and run it that way.

I guess it is time for me to read up a little more on my phone from the experts at hand.

Hello and Welcome to the Forum...Do take a look at the Forum Rules to help guide you, when posting...

Don't miss your opportunity to greet and welcome the next New Member to the forum..

Hello All, :)

My name is Abe, I'm currently visiting SoCal but live in San Antonio TX. I have owned an iPhone 3G and upgraded when the 4 first came out in white.

Sadly I switched companies from AT&T to Sprint due to them not honoring my Grandfather plan, and i sold my first 4G. I went from a 16Gb to an 8GB

with Sprint and also got my wife the same one as well. Well it was all nice and beautiful until a few weeks back. The new iPhone came out and my

current one began to act up. Turns off randomly, and resets when it wishes to. I didn't really want to upgrade but as soon as my phone met with my PC it

began its process this morning. So this is why I am here. I want to know if its better to try out the new IOS, or to just Jailbreak and run it that way.

I guess it is time for me to read up a little more on my phone from the experts at hand.

I don't jailbreak. I have faith in the engineers behind the iPhone. If they release an upgrade and my phone can accept it I would not hesitate to install.

With every upgrade you are going to see more negatives then positives. It's the nature of the beast. So don't be discouraged by anything you read, try it.

If I'm wrong you can start a thread called "that bleeping hookbil..." :)

Hi and welcome to the forums, Ace.... I'm from the SA area but moved lately. Hope your iPhone issues work out. I don't change iOSes due to the number of negatives that may go wrong. But as they say, there are more negative comments voiced after an upgrade because the good upgrades don't have any reason to post their success.

Thanks for the replies so far guys.... I greatly appreciate the warm welcomes as well.

I have been using my phone today and it is evident to say that the update did not fix my

power issue, I caught the phone twice restarting itself and once i had to restart it because the phone was off.

Apps seem to be working ok, other than the fact that my music was deleted and the phone is slower than that

honda I got rid off last week.

Il most likely go to Apple have them check it out, see why it is glitching.

...and Il try this ios out for a while, if you guys have faith in them, I should try and be a believer as well. :)