What's new

New to the Iphone 4s, i have some issues

JohnAr

Reaction score
Hi guys i just bought an iphone 4s off of Ebay and i have some issues. I bought it off ebay so i dont have to pay data for it. I still havent put in my sim card into it yet because i need to get it cut but i have a micro sim cutter on the way in the mail. The next issue i have is when i bought the Iphone the last guy did not restore it. Since he didnt restore it on Imessage it still says his phone number and does not allow me to change it. Does this issue go away when i put my own sim card into it? Also the phone is a ATT 32 gig. i would also like to add that i do not pay for data so i am worried about having to restore the phone. So what are my options so i dont have to restore it but i can still get rid of his # on it. Also the phone is stuck in dock mode butim just going to get the dock connector changed to fix that.

Last edited:
Either way... I would strongly suggest connecting your iPhone to iTunes and restoring as a New Device. That'll clear up any little bits of data or info (as such) that the previous owner left behind. Because, since his # is still showing up as the iMessage #, he/she did not restore it as I am recommending. The restore via iTunes will not affect whether or not you have to pay for data. However, your wireless provider WILL know you're using an iPhone on their service. They'll send you a friendly email and text message stating if you do not enroll in a data plan... you will be placed in "X" data plan that costs "X" amount of $. Something to think about....

What's the point of having an iPhone if you're not using data???