What's new

New to the forum

blucente

Reaction score
Hey folks,
I'm new to this forum but not an iPhone owner yet. Currently own an original iPad and actively use the iPad forum. I'll be adding an iPhone soon for my daughter, I want to search the forum for details on my best options. Glad to be here.

Welcome to iPF.net!! Good thing about the iPad & iPhone is they operate quite similar. Thanks for joining us!!

hello and welcome to the forum! the best option as in what iphone device or what model? Will be happy to help you decide

Thanks all! Trying to chose between the 4 or 4s, is the 4s really worth the money? My Daughter is more about texting and not really interested in Siri. As far as an A4 vs an A5, not really sure. My real concern is if I spend less and go with a 4 will the apps run sluggish and choppy as my first gen iPad running ios5?

Take iphone 4 better, little less money and work very good :) the only thing's different in 4s is only siri.

sherwin22 said:
Take iphone 4 better, little less money and work very good :) the only thing's different in 4s is only siri.

Kinda of what I'm thinking, thanks for the feedback

the difference between the 4 and 4s are in the eye of the beholder. for me there is a big difference because i can easily tell the difference between speeds and quality. if you are the type of person that just wants an iphone and want something that will still last for a while. then get the iphone 4. but if you are like me and care about everything then get a 4s.

do you remember the diffference between the 3g and 3gs? speed was the biggest and speed played a roll in the iphone 3gs having ios5 support while the 3g was stopped at ios4. if you ever compare a 3g and 3gs you will notice the piece of crap phone the 3g is compared to the 3gs. i know this because i have owned them all. but then again this is all from a person who cares about all the specs of the phone.

I see what you're saying, as I said in my OP, I have a iPad first generation with ios5 and after using the iPad 2 I was blown away at the speed and smoothness of the newer generation. The phone is for my daughter, her first smart phone, really looking for her first device to introduce her to what the next level will bring. For me, I'd opt for the 4s

honestly might as well get the 4s. cause whats the point of getting something old now when the 4s i already out. i dont know if you or her care about jailbreaking or anything but if you do then get the 4 but i dont really need it or dont need it at all get the 4s. honestly in my opinion i would get the 4s even tho it will be slightly more expensive. but wouldnt you rather get the 4s now and have it last longer than a 4. but then also is your daughter good with phones? like does she take care of them and doesnt lose them or drop them? if shes a bit un caring then get the 4 believing that she will lose the phone or break it.

honestly might as well get the 4s. cause whats the point of getting something old now when the 4s i already out. i dont know if you or her care about jailbreaking or anything but if you do then get the 4 but i dont really need it or dont need it at all get the 4s. honestly in my opinion i would get the 4s even tho it will be slightly more expensive. but wouldnt you rather get the 4s now and have it last longer than a 4. but then also is your daughter good with phones? like does she take care of them and doesnt lose them or drop them? if shes a bit un caring then get the 4 believing that she will lose the phone or break it.

This is true! if your going to get the iphone then there is no point getting an old device that already lags while playing some games... the only real reason would be to save a few $$$$'s

Jailbreaking will be available for the iphone 4S soon enough but the fact that you dont care is even better for you. you get better phone overall, basically all the insides of the ipad 2 in the iphone apart from the 8mp camera and siri

Unleashed said:
This is true! if your going to get the iphone then there is no point getting an old device that already lags while playing some games... the only real reason would be to save a few $$$$'s

Jailbreaking will be available for the iphone 4S soon enough but the fact that you dont care is even better for you. you get better phone overall, basically all the insides of the ipad 2 in the iphone apart from the 8mp camera and siri

Yeah, you're all right, the price isn't all that much for what you're getting. With Verizon, the difference in hardware would be better camera resolution, more memory, faster processor ect...... Makes sense to spend a bit more for a better phone. Thanks folks..... Happy New Year

G'day and welcome to the FoRuM!!! :)