What's new

New to smart phones

mglindo

Reaction score
Needed a new phone and decided to get an Iphone5. Still not sure of it as I had decided I did not want a phone smarter than me. LOL. Anyway, , I am 63 and getting a little hard of hearing. I haven't searched the forum yet but I find the volume is not quite loud enough. It is fine if I use the speaker but I really do not want the people areund me to have to listen in to my conversation. Still playing with it. I have 14 days to return it if I need to. Here's hoping.

Needed a new phone and decided to get an Iphone5. Still not sure of it as I had decided I did not want a phone smarter than me. LOL. Anyway, , I am 63 and getting a little hard of hearing. I haven't searched the forum yet but I find the volume is not quite loud enough. It is fine if I use the speaker but I really do not want the people areund me to have to listen in to my conversation. Still playing with it. I have 14 days to return it if I need to. Here's hoping.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking

Guide for Beginners |iPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

iPhone tips

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

remember…."search" is your friend…..poisonivy…..iPhone and iPad forums moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum! Hopefully you are able to get the volume adjusted so you can fully enjoy your new phone! Good luck!

Well the problem is solved thanks to my young daughter who has an older iPhone. I hesitate to admit what the problem was as it shows what a dummy I was. Where I purchased the phone, they did not have the Ballistic hard case I wanted to protect my phone. I ordered it and it would not get in for several days. I wanted to keep my phone somewhat protected until my new case came in so I left the protective coverings that came with the new phone, front and back. You know where this is going don't you? Ha! It did not dawn on me that the protective covering did not have a hole over the ear piece. Duh! I took the covering off and it made a world of difference. (No Kidding). Problem solved! I did cut a small hole in the covering and replaced it until my new case comes in.

Glad you got that sorted out. If I ever knew, I'd forgotten about protective covers, so likely would have made the same mistake. The iPhone really is a superb piece of equipment, and this forum is full of people who will help you get the best out of it.

The Ballistic case is a good buy. I had one demonstrated to me a while back. The owner threw his iPhone 4 onto a concrete floor. I nearly had a heart attack, but he knew what he was doing. He had already driven a five ton truck over it, and it came away unscathed.

G'day and welcome to the FoRuM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Welcome and glad you figured out the solution!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner