What's new

New to Iphone

dwood456

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to the Iphone. I got the Iphone 4 and love it. I have to look around a little in this forum and find out how to install an app I downloaded from the app store onto my pc but can't seem to get it on my new phone.

You can download and install any Apple app from the App Store directly from your iPhone. Us the App Store app on your iPhone's screen. Works like a charm.
Note: I "think" I'm understanding what you're writing about!

You can download and install any Apple app from the App Store directly from your iPhone. Us the App Store app on your iPhone's screen. Works like a charm.

That's not what he's asking, I'm pretty sure he's trying to figure out how to put those apps on his computer, which you would need to sync to iTunes to do that. All it does is back it up though, you can't use those apps on your computer.

Not a sync... if you do a Sync, it will erase the app from your iPhone... you need to right click on your device in iTunes and choose "Transfer Paids Apps", that will put the apps from your phone / ipod into iTunes.

A Sync in the future will then put back the apps that are you iTunes, back onto your phone.

That's not what he's asking, I'm pretty sure he's trying to figure out how to put those apps on his computer, which you would need to sync to iTunes to do that. All it does is back it up though, you can't use those apps on your computer.
well best of luck happy to lissten that you got iphone

Sigh.... I give up! iTunes has to be one of the sorriest software crapfests on the planet. Synching the wrong way, whatever that may be, will wipe out saved data, regardless of the "automatic" save function. I've read too many articles and letters from people who have a dreaded fear of using iTunes when synching, and these fears have a basis in fact.

I purchased the iphone 4 about one month ago . The phone is really built well and has great features which made the 3gs will not be used. So i want to sell the used iphone 3gs 16g. Does anyone know if there some person buy used iphone
... For the price it seems like a good choice and I can get payment first before ship it out.

There's always ebay... you may get something for it but don't expect too much.

I figured it out with all of the replies. Thank you. Has anyone used the tapandtalk app?