What's new

New to iPhone, i-otherwise, not so much

rico567

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of new iPhone 5s for my wife and myself, as we were due for new phones and decided it was time to move to smartphones. No other phone made sense, as we are and have been an Apple household since back in the day (first Apple product - Apple II+ with a monster 64K memory). We are already well furnished with Mac desktop and laptops, an iPad & iTouch, so the iPhones were just a natural move.
Hope to have good interactions here on the forum, learn a lot and perhaps contribute.

Just ordered a pair of new iPhone 5s for my wife and myself, as we were due for new phones and decided it was time to move to smartphones. No other phone made sense, as we are and have been an Apple household since back in the day (first Apple product - Apple II+ with a monster 64K memory). We are already well furnished with Mac desktop and laptops, an iPad & iTouch, so the iPhones were just a natural move.
Hope to have good interactions here on the forum, learn a lot and perhaps contribute.
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.
iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Hi rico.... I think you'll be happy with your new purchases. Since you're already a heavy Apple user, you'll have no probs...

The iPhones arrived as scheduled; the activation went reasonably well (one phone activated right away, the other was stalled until it was turned off and back on). Everything seems to be working as advertised.....although the process of "discovery" continues.....by which I mean all the stuff the phone will do that's not really in the documentation or available in any systematic way. Linkage to our Panasonic KX-TG7741 phone set went well (we really like these phones for use at home; the linkage between landline and two cell phones is pretty much seamless).
An aside on cases: ordered the Speck Candy Shell Grip cases because we really like the Speck case for the iPad. Really like these so far.

Welcome! I am slowly converting our house as well. Got a MacBook this year. The plan is iPad next year :)

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.