What's new

New to iphone 5s (true)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty78

Reaction score
Hi all. Senior citizen who has had to buy a first ever iphone 5s to replace windows-phone.

24 hours into the iphone and I'm stuck on a simple thing. I have a PC with windows 7. i want to transfer a MS Word doc to the iphone.

google tells me how...but I get stuck very early at #2 -
EMtzd
i5 1.png

#2 says go to itunes then click Apps on side-bar. here is my itunes on my PC

i5 2.png

where is scroll down to apps.??

Be gentle plz. most confusing for this old fella.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Is Pages installed on your iPhone? If not, go to the App Store on your iPhone, and download it. Then try connecting your device again.

It’s possible that the instructions you found are not up to date. Here are those from Apple:
About File Sharing on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Hope that helps.

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I hadn't installed pages on the iphone. That's now done. BUT... the left side menu on the Itunes program hasn't changed. Pages, nor any apps hasn't appeared. Things are still the same as the pic. above.

Make sure you’ve selected your iPhone at the top (the small icon that shows an iPhone). You don’t have to look for Pages at the left, but for “File Sharing”. When you select that, Pages will appear somewhere in the middle, not at the left.

"You don’t have to look for Pages at the left, but for “File Sharing”. When you select that, Pages will appear somewhere in the middle, not at the left."
Here is a current snapshot I just took of itunes-
iphone 5 pages 2.png

I don't see anything like I'm supposed to. Do you?
ppm9K

At last. . No one mentioned that until now. Thank you

It was mentioned at least 2 times earlier.
About the little icon. [emoji6]
Hope it works well now.

Yes. all is well there now.

got a new question cannot find answer.

Q) I listen to audio books rather than music. an audio book is often split into sections e.g. 1 hour in length. similar i guess if you wanted to listen to a concert. both long recordings.

now muchly often I get interrupted and need to stop listening. not getting back to the audio book, speech or concert recording for a day or three later.

Can I bookmark where i'm up to e.g @43:30 instead of starting again?

The OP hasn’t been back for over a year and will not see any posts.
This thread is now closed to further comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.