What's new

New to apple need help with itunes and other stuff

fm1776

Reaction score
I've been a long time admirer and, this is my first time owing apple anything. I just received my Iphone 4 around a week ago. There are a few question I have for anyone helpful and with the knowledge.

1) I created an itunes account and purchased an itunes gift card to sample downloading from the apps store and itunes. Here is my issue. I am a native English speaker. However, for reason beyond my control I currently live in France. Though I am slowly picking up the language, I'm completely illiterate in French. So obviously I created an itunes account using my address from an English speaking country. The itunes card I purchased is from France. Needless to say it doesn't work. How can I over come this obstacle? If I use a French address to open an itunes account it is completely in French and, i can't understand a thing. Plus, I am assuming that any video content I may wish to purchase will likewise be in French, which is unacceptable for me. How do I get around this?

2) Since I am coming from an android platform I had to manually entire every single contact. I was able to load my pictures into itunes and, on to my phone from there. However, now I can't do anything other than look at those pictures, including delete them. Is there an app that could help me resolve this problem? basically, who do I have to F' to control my own pictures on my own device?

3) Even the pictures that I take with itunes are un-edit-able. I downloaded a couple of free apps. However, neither will allow my to drag the edited image to my desk top.

I don't mind paying for apps that will accomplish these issues for me. But I can't even accomplish the most basic of tasks. Someone please help!!!!

1) I created an itunes account and purchased an itunes gift card to sample downloading from the apps store and itunes. Here is my issue. I am a native English speaker. However, for reason beyond my control I currently live in France. Though I am slowly picking up the language, I'm completely illiterate in French. So obviously I created an itunes account using my address from an English speaking country. The itunes card I purchased is from France. Needless to say it doesn't work. How can I over come this obstacle? If I use a French address to open an itunes account it is completely in French and, i can't understand a thing. Plus, I am assuming that any video content I may wish to purchase will likewise be in French, which is unacceptable for me. How do I get around this?

Create an account using the country which your banking card belongs to. You can be in France and create an account for China apple app store. Alternatively if your account is the France app store and you want to access the USA app store, open iTunes on your computer then in the left panel of iTunes, locate "store" in the list and click on "iTunes store" login using your credential informations. Once in the store, scroll completely down and you will see "explore" "features" "help" "manage" "ping" in the "manage" list you will see CHANGE COUNTRY. click on it select the country you want from the flag icons. Let's say you select China and apply. Now your iTunes will display your iTunes store in Chinese but you will not be able to purchase items from that Chinese app store since your banking info are not originally from China, but you can look up for top 25 apps etc... in that store and when there are some you like, you write down the name, change back the country from China to your banking country, and type into the search bar the app you are looking for and it will list them for you even though they are not originally from your banking country. Also, to make thing much easier and avoid changing countries all the time, you can just open multiple iTunes account for different countries and only one of your multiple account will be able to really purchase apps unless you have banking card from different countries.

2) Since I am coming from an android platform I had to manually entire every single contact. I was able to load my pictures into itunes and, on to my phone from there. However, now I can't do anything other than look at those pictures, including delete them. Is there an app that could help me resolve this problem? basically, who do I have to F' to control my own pictures on my own device?
You will need to jailbreak to be able to manage pictures added to your device via iTunes.

3) Even the pictures that I take with itunes are un-edit-able. I downloaded a couple of free apps. However, neither will allow my to drag the edited image to my desk top.

I don't mind paying for apps that will accomplish these issues for me. But I can't even accomplish the most basic of tasks. Someone please help!!!!
When you edit images with 3rd party apps, they are either saved in the camera roll or saved in the application.
Step 1- If they are in the camera roll, connect your device to your computer go to My computer, and there you will see your iPhone listed amount the disks. Click on the phone icon to access your camera roll pictures.

Step 2- if the edited images are saved in the application, there should be an option in that 3rd party app allowing you to upload the edited images to your camera roll, if yes then upload the pictures from that 3rd party app to your camera roll and perform step 1-. In case there is no such an option in the 3rd party app, then connect your phone to your computer and open up iTunes. Highlight your phone and go to "apps" tab, scroll completely down on that page to see the sharing apps, in the list of sharing apps should be your 3rd party picture app, double tap it in the list to see it contents, you can copy them from there to your desktop.

Thank you for the detailed response. It's hard to believe that customers have to go through all of this just to enjoy their own property! I think I will need to read over the information you shared a few times, until it is clear. But I'm happy to have a solution, even if it isn't straight forward.

I'm loving the phone, but not all the extra effort I need to go through as a result of living overseas. I already miss home enough without home town companies making it even harder to stay connected. It would be great to see a thoughtful company like Apple provide a solution to those of us that are away from home. I never had these type of issues with Android. But it is what it is, I guess.

Last question, do I have to use my bank? Isn't the iphone card designed to help cautious consumers like me avoid having to provide private banking information? I'm just thinking about what happened to Sony play station customers! I know the risks are low. But, what is the point of the iphone card if not to make purchases?