What's new

New software for iphone 5

rkmanchanda

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I became a member of the forum just now to make a specific comment about the new software. Let me first say that I am not a techie but I started using computer almost 46 years ag (from 1966). Most of you cant even imagine how did these beasts looked like.

Coming to the new Operating system 7.03 in which the our young hard working boys fixed the bug pointed out to them. However, after downloading and installing the new software, I find the whole concept of passcode in a telephone in the format it is applied, looks absurd.

I certainly believe that idea of the passcode should be to protect privacy of contents in your iphone and the smart functions which is provides but not the basic telephone function. So basic telephone should be outside this firewall and the annoying passccode screen should not stare on you the moment you slide it on. but should be prompted on when you will like to enable all other functions.. This i see should be the basic logic in any smart phone.

There are several situations I can enumerate under which you will lend your handset to someone for basic telephone use but not give passcode. At same time it is disgraceful if your buddy took your phone to make a call and asked you for passcode and you hesitate to give. Where is privacy left.

I hope forum members will ponder on it and propose to iphone software developers to see the light
Prof. R K Manchanda

I