What's new

New Renders Claim to Show 6.1-inch LCD iPhone X

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Renders claiming to show LCD iPhone emerge.jpg

According to renders and a video published today by Steve Hemmerstoffer (OnLeaks on Twitter) and MySmartPrice, Apple’s forthcoming 6.1-inch LCD iPhone X will have a notch just like the current iPhone X, a glass back, and an edge-to-edge display without a Home button (hence the need for a notch for Face ID). Just like the current iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, the phone will also have an aluminium frame.

Another way in which the 6.1-inch LCD iPhone X will be similar to the current iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus models, at least according to these renders, is that it will have just one rear camera, in contrast with the OLED iPhone X models’ dual-lens camera system. The details gleaned from the renders and video very much support previous information from former KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo about the LCD iPhone X.

However, one thing that Kuo did not predict is that, according to an AppleInsider story today, the LCD iPhone X could be delayed until November due to “light leakage” issues with the notch. There’s no way of knowing how credible this report is, however, as the source, The Bell, is not well known in terms of Apple product rumours, and is apparently basing its news on just one source in Korea.

Sources: [EXCLUSIVE] Apple iPhone 2018 6.1-inch screen variant will feature a notch and single rear camera: Images, Video Renders - MySmartPrice News

Apple's 6.1-inch iPhone production may see delays over LCD "notch" issues

OnLeaks: Budget iPhone X to Have 6-Inch Screen With Notch, Single Rear Camera, and Aluminum Frame

The screen size on the Plus is what I love. I think what bothers most people is the large forehead and chin.

If they keep the screen large and lose some of that, it would be perfect. That's why I'm getting amped up for this year's cycle refresh.