What's new

new on here with some ?

sickness

Reaction score
hay hows it going just got new iphone 4 from verizon
found on here how to do ringtones thats very easy with the bigasoft iphone ringtone maker
first ? how do i go about putting custom txt tones on the phone
thanks for the help

On a standard (non JB) phone you can only choose between the few tones that Apple has included in the OS.

If you have JB'd the phone you can add others by ssh'ing into the phone and uploading the tones you have made. I've done this and it works nicely.

Google will return a load of results showing steps how to do this, one of the search results is below, this is how I did it.

Learn how to create custom SMS tones for your iphone.

if i do that it will void the warrnty on it right

Nope. It's completely reversible, you can run a Restore in iTunes and it will put it back to factory default, and Apple won't know that the phone has ever been JB'd (unless you tell them).

what is the best way to jb the phone
doing this will get me cydia and stuf like that

Greenpois0n would be. Do some research first to make sure that you want to do it before doing it of course, and of course do a 'Backup', and a full Sync in iTunes before you do it just in case.

thank you for the help i will let you know how i make out when i do this

No problem. You can download the program for your OS from GreenPois0n

To answer your question from before about Cydia. Once you use greenpois0n and it completes, you will see a green icon called Loader. You run this which installs Cydia.

Good luck.