What's new

New member - question

xVision

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new here so hello I guess.

I just have a small question about jailbreaking. I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 6 I'm interested into jailbreaking it once the jailbreak becomes available to the public, but will it slow down my phone? Because if it does, I'm not sure I'd be ready to sacrifice the stability and speed I'm currently having. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to the community!
To answer your question jailbreaking your phone, when a jailbreak is released will not slow down your phone whatsoever!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

I'm new here so hello I guess.

I just have a small question about jailbreaking. I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 6 I'm interested into jailbreaking it once the jailbreak becomes available to the public, but will it slow down my phone? Because if it does, I'm not sure I'd be ready to sacrifice the stability and speed I'm currently having. Thanks in advance.
please moderate your language,this is a family forum,thank you.

Jailbreaking is the equivalent to rooting other devices like Androids if you will. It's just to expose the user to all the fancy pants behind the curtains that you normally wouldn't be open to. The only way it can make your device unstable is if you force install and system tweaks/mods for your iPhone5 iOS6 that is not supported, say you force install one that's meant ONLY for A5 or lower devices running 5.1.1 onto your device, it will cause stability issues. As for slowing it down, it would depend on what you're using and whether or not you know how to use it.

Alright guys, thanks. And Poison, thanks for the info.