What's new

New member, new to iPhone.

derreko

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm Derrek. I joined because my iPhone 4S seems a little glitchy and I wanted to see if anyone else experienced these problems or if I should take it back and get it replaced. I also figure that I should join in and maybe someone else can benefit from my experiences as well.

Is it easy to search for existing threads? I don't want to start a new one if someone else has my problem already and at the same time I don't want to search and search. I don't use these forums, I'm kind of new to them as well.

If anyone with ample forum experience could give me some pointers that would be great. Thanks.

D

What problems are you having with it exactly?? Hard to know whether you should take it back if we don't know what the problem is.
Generally though, a 4S isn't glitchy so I am inclined to think it isn't normal but will need to know more.
Is it jail broken?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately you will have to search in order to make sure that your topic is not yet discussed on the forum, how else would you know? Or how could we direct you to the right topic in case it's already being discus if you don't even say what exactly is going on with your iPhone?
Welcome to the forum.

How does facetime work? Just got a ipad and am confused about facetime

G'day and welcome to the forum Derrek!! :)

Hello again,
@nikstar, I didn't want to get too specific about the problem in case this wasn't the place to do so... but the problem I have is that every once in awhile when I am using an app the screen just goes blank and it returns to the lock screen. I was also having a problem when trying to send a picture with a text and when I hit send it went to the home screen. I think that had to do with the picture size, I've scaled down the file size of pictures and it seems to have stopped doing this. That brings up my other point... about searching. Bab2010, I understand I need to search to find things but as there are like dozens, if not hundreds of pages and people are not always very good about putting a decent heading on their query, re: the topic of the thread, I was just wondering if the search engine for the forum sought through all threads and hit on keywords... or if I had to scroll through endless threads and hope to come across my problem. I read about 5 threads with what looked to be my problem but no one was really offering up any solutions to the problem. It just all seemed so confusing and I wondered if it was even worth the trouble.

I will say thank you, however, for welcoming me to the forum. I'll do my best to follow the guidelines and not create too much of a mess while I am here.

Oh, and no... my iphone 4S isn't jailbroken.

I did a restore on it with iTunes through my mbp and it doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. I've only had it a week and a half. I wanted to give it a couple of weeks before I went running back to the store for a replacement. I'll search around the forums and see what I can find. Thanks again.

Glad you seemed to have found a fix for the problems. Sometimes apps will do that if they need updating so keep an eye out in the App Store for app updates. Also, make sure you shut down any apps still running in the background. You can do this by double clicking your home button to reveal any apps that are still running and shut them down by holding your finger on the app icon til the red dot with a minus symbol appears. Touch the minus symbol and this will shut the app/program down properly. Enjoy your new phone!