What's new

New member-Long story

TaxAcct

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I originally had an Iphone 5 with Verizon services that lasted 2 weeks. I placed my phone down on the table while I packed up my belongings to leave the food court at a downtown indoor shopping mall. I thought that I placed the phone in my pocket since I didn't see it on the table as I was walking away. It never dawned on me that someone had just snatched my Iphone. By the time I noticed it was missing (about 2 minutes later), my phone was on I95 southbound (according to the police who used find my iphone app). That was the beginning of my drama because the clerk at the Verizon store failed to give me insurance when I told him I needed and wanted insurance. My previous phone, Galaxy S3 had the insurance and this should have carried over when I exchanged my GS3 or the Iphone 5. The store manager worked very hard to get the insurance company to accept the store clerk's error but it was no use. The insurance company would not honor the policy because I did not have the phone for more than 30 days, the exact words of the customer service rep that I was speaking with. I was left to pay $600 for a new Iphone 5 which I didn't have. Because I opened a new line to get the Iphone 5, I was forced to open a new line to get another droid phone they were offering for free. By the time the bill came in the mail, I was looking at a $600 cellphone bill. Of course I didn't have the money at the time and Verizon shut off my cellphone service.

As a tax accountant, business is slow for me during June through December. I'm self-employed and I love being a tax accountant. But as anyone who has their own company would understand, we all start at the bottom before we reach a point where our business start becoming profitable. I'm at the beginning stages where every single dollar I make goes back into my business. The cellphone was used as my business phone so I had to make a decision of sticking with a cellphone or going with a landline. The landline was cheaper and if this happens again I don't have to worry about losing my business number.

In conclusion, I ended up going with Virgin Mobile, taking a major hit to my credit score since I can't afford to pay my Verizon cellphone bill plus cancellation of 4 business lines, and ending up with an android phone. I tried to love my android. I lied to myself that I like it better than my Iphone. I went from an Kyocera Rise to a Samsung Galaxy Victory trying to satisfy my true desire of wanting my Iphone 5 back. Finally, yesterday BestBuy had a sell on the Iphone 4S and now, I'm back to the Iphone. Not my Iphone 5, but for right now, it will do just fine.

wow,what a story,glad you are back with iphone though,4s is a very nice phone,i gave mine to my son and he loves it,enjoy.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking

Guide for Beginners |iPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

iPhone tips

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

remember…."search" is your friend…..poisonivy…..iPhone and iPad forums moderator

Thanks for the wrods, TaxPro... In the end, sounds like you're OK. Sad that we have to live with a mixture of thieves, hackers, and slime around us. Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum!

G'day and welcome to the FoRuM!!!!! :) :) :)