What's new

New member from Ontario Canada here.

Casualcaller

Reaction score
Hi,
I just changed my Fido phone plan (a carrier up here in Canada) over from a decrepit Motorala Razor flip phone (non smart phone) I have had for about 4 years. It was acting up and I ended up getting an Apple Iphone 4s a few days ago. It was bought at a Best Buy location in the Toronto Area, Canada.
It's a great phone, and has so many capabilites, what a big improvement.

If I can ask a question or two,

1. The Siri capability in Canada is somewhat limited, and I can;'t find anything on the web recently if Apple will implement the location.maps features like in the US. For such an expensive phone, I was not expecting it to have reduced capability complared to the US versions. I hope Apple does not forget about people with their current phone, and expect to implement these features in Canada only with the new Iphone 5 when it eventually comes out. I don't have much experience with Apple, and hope they don't abandon customers with their latest products and hope we forget about features.

2. Also, if I travel to the US will the full Siri features magically work if I happen to be at a wifi location, say in Upstate NY or the Penn state region? Or are the Canadian Apple Iphones missing some software. I am using the current iOS 5.1 software.

Anyone heard of new info on this issue? Thanks in advance.

Casualcaller

Welcome from Ontario Canada!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

There is tons of useful info on here

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

As far as your Siri feature goes.... Siri was released on the iPhone 4S in beta version w/o full integration for every country and language. Not really much word from the Apple camp as far as when it'll be fully functional.

Thanks guys for the welcome. I figure when news breaks, this forum should be one of the first places it will be mentioned. I have enjoyed reading the News section of the site. I just hope that Apple doesn't do some lame thing and expect Canadian phone 4s owners to junk their phones and buy something new. This is one of my first forays into the Apple world (apart from my son's Ipod Touch) and I would be majorly pissed if the full features of SIRI would only work on an IPhone 5 in Canada. I still am not sure if I bring my 4s Iphone across the border to the US, if the Locations/maps stuff would magically start to work.

Regards,
Casualcaller