What's new

New Macs this month?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We might be looking at some new Macs later this month.

According to recode.net, October 27th will see the announcement of a new MBP lineup. The rumoured programmable OLED function bar could make its debut, as could a TouchID power button and Apple Pencil functionality for the touchpad.

The non-Retina 13" MBP will probably not survive the next update.

Could be some tweaks for the iMacs too, although these have been dusted off more recently than the MBPs.

We might be looking at some new Macs later this month.

According to recode.net, October 27th will see the announcement of a new MBP lineup. The rumoured programmable OLED function bar could make its debut, as could a TouchID power button and Apple Pencil functionality for the touchpad.

The non-Retina 13" MBP will probably not survive the next update.

Could be some tweaks for the iMacs too, although these have been dusted off more recently than the MBPs.
Oh nooooo! More temptation :)

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of news about this. I'll have to keep my eyes on Apple around the 27th, hopefully new Mac Mini's will make an appearance. I'm a big fan of the mini line.

That's a beautiful machine, and there is one for sale at my local CEX store. I might research finding a way to connect it to an hdmi monitor.. might end up buying the G4 mini.
Then you can discover the joys of OS X 10.5.8 Leopard. You can also run OS 9 in Classic environment. The output is a full size DVI port. Adapters can connnect it to the HDMI port on a display. Mine cost $50.00 with the keyboard, power supply and a Mighty Mouse.

I'm still hoping Apple will surprise us with a new product this year. Something like the Amazo Echo / Google Home.

I guess, then, that many of us will be watching the presentation on the 27th to see just what Apple has up its sleeve.

I guess, then, that many of us will be watching the presentation on the 27th to see just what Apple has up its sleeve.
I really shouldn't watch.....It often leads to a smaller bank balance.