What's new

New ipod touch has same hardware?

Alude904

Reaction score
On the contrary to what everyone thinks or thought, the new ipod touch doesnt really have the same hardware as the iphone 4. I read this from engadget so you can read the whole review there if you want but it turns out, the cameras and screen are not the same or even the same quality as the iphone 4.
The ipt has a hd 720p camera on the back but it doesnt take the same still photo quality that the ip4 does. The same as the vga camera on the front. Also, both cameras are not autofocusing cameras.
So how about the screen? The screen is also not the same. It has the same pixel density as the ip4's screen so it appears to be the same but its not. The lcd is a completely different model. Supposedly, from the review, the screens picture quality isnt completely up to par with the ip4's.
At first i was a little bummed about my ip4 due to the new release of this slick super thin "ip4 w/o the phone" but now i feel like im back ahead of the idevice game. At the same time i feel like apple has cheated people. Of course this ipod touch is a major jump from the last one but they should have used the same quality hardware and not cheap out.

Supposedly this was to create a thinner device... I don't really care tho because even if it was equal whats the point in carrying multiple devices... That's why I have an iPhone.. Camera,computer,gps,phone....:)

Supposedly this was to create a thinner device... I don't really care tho because even if it was equal whats the point in carrying multiple devices... That's why I have an iPhone.. Camera,computer,gps,phone....:)

Right you are sir