What's new

New iPhone user on T-Mobile

KEGoramma

Reaction score
Just bought a iPhone 3G 8GB, is there anything I need to do to it once I get it in the mail. How do I activate it? If 3G doesn't work on it thats no biggie for me. I Can't wait until it gets here!

You will need to jailbreak it then unlock it with ultrasnow. It all depends on what firmware and baseband (modem firmware) version it's on which way to do it...

Forgot to mention it is already jail broken. So I guess I just pop the sim card in and I'm good to go? I am guessing it is all up to date software wise. The person sold it to pay for their kid's phone bill lol. Can't wait until it gets here. I am going nuts waiting on it! I have wanted one ever since they came out, and finally I am getting one.

It still needs to be unlocked. You will need to check the baseband version when you get it.

Settings > general > about > modem firmware

Just bought a iPhone 3G 8GB, is there anything I need to do to it once I get it in the mail.

Just bought a iPhone 3G 8GB, is there anything I need to do to it once I get it in the mail.

if its new from the shop then just open and activate in itunes and maybe sync some photos and other files and contacts..etc from your phone..

i would advise if its on ios 3.1.3 to keep it on that ios. dont upgrade it to any 4.XX firmwares, though 4.2.1 is the latest and last firmware the iphone 3g will ever get. it lags really badly on the 3g and i would advise to stay away from it unless its already on it.

Download lierain and jailbreak it then go to cydia and install ultraslow it's not too hard if you have any problems just check it up on YouTube there's a bunch of good videos that will help you on there

You will need to jailbreak it then unlock it with ultrasnow. It all depends on what firmware and baseband (modem firmware) version it's on which way to do it...

If it's jailbroken and unlocked do you know if you can use it without a data plan but just use it with wifi?

G'day and welcome to the forum!! :)

If it's jailbroken and unlocked do you know if you can use it without a data plan but just use it with wifi?

Yes I did that for years on tmobile. If you need to activate the phone the easiest way is to pop a buddy's AT&T SIM card in for a minute. It won't activate with a tmobile sim easily

hay persona de españa ? soy de china , quiero hace amigos con españoles para mejorar mi español

hello , sir , yes , i can write in english , i am from china , but i am learing spainsh . what is your work ?i am Mirta , i am 24 yeras old .