What's new

New iPhone tinkerer

leslie50

Reaction score
I already have iPhone 4S but bought an iPhone 4 on craigslist to fix. Seller said it was a itunes problem..I got scammed. iPhone seems to work but screen is very dark blue and sometimes horizontal lines. So I am here looking for ideas. Thanks

It is not water damage. The screen is simply defected. The "only" fix is to replace the screen. I have lines on my iPod Touch 4G screen rite now.

Thanks for the input from all! I did try changing LCD but same results. One dumb question..there is a clear film between the LCD screen and the iPhone, does that stay? I also seem to have an issue with battery connect. It looks like all one piece that just screws to motherboard. Does that sound right? Thanks again and any input is appreciated. leslie

leslie50 said:
Thanks for the input from all! I did try changing LCD but same results. One dumb question..there is a clear film between the LCD screen and the iPhone, does that stay? I also seem to have an issue with battery connect. It looks like all one piece that just screws to motherboard. Does that sound right? Thanks again and any input is appreciated. leslie

Yeah, the battery and the battery connector are one piece

Yea, the LCD screen and digitizer are one piece fused together (making it more expensive of coarse) and cannot be sprayed.

DO NOT buy any LCD/digitizer that are separated.....it is a scam, and you will never be able to use them.

Yeah, the battery and the battery connector are one piece

Yea, the LCD screen and digitizer are one piece fused together (making it more expensive of coarse) and cannot be sprayed.

DO NOT buy any LCD/digitizer that are separated.....it is a scam, and you will never be able to use them.

Yes I realize it is one piece on LCD digitizer thanks, I was just wondering about a clear piece of film between digitizer and unit, does it stay?

Thanks for Welcome. I blew it on my LCD replacement process! I pulled the LCD ribbon through opening and broke it. The seller tells me its useless now. Say it isnt so!!! No way to fix ribbon???