What's new

New iPhone owner joining the ranks

jwt873

Reaction score
Well, I gave up Android and picked up a shiny new sliver iPhone 7 Plus a couple of days ago.

I'm not a new iOS user. I've owned iPads since the original came out. (You just can't beat apple tablets). I used an Android phone to get "the best of both worlds". But, I was due for a new phone this month and figured I might as well go all iOS. (I ordered an Apple watch as well while I was in the Apple store).

So, I'll be pestering the folks over in the iPhone 7 Plus forum for the next week or so until I figure out how to do all the extra 'phone things' that my iPad Pro doesn't do. :)

Welcome to iPhoneForums! Nice to see you over here, and congratulations on your new iPhone!

Welcome to iPhone Forums, jwt873!
We're ready and waiting to help you with any questions you may have or any problems you may encounter.

Hey now.

I own all 3 Apple products you mentioned in your first post, so if there's any questions, just ask.

Hey Junior how do they turn on

Hey Brixton, welcome to iPhone Forums.

Since you're new here, allow me to write out the steps involved for turning on the 3 apple devices I/you own.

The iPad and iPhone both have physical power buttons, that you can press for 2 seconds and release when you see the apple logo appear on screen. Then just go for a smoke and by the time you get back, you'll be ready for hours of iOS joy.

The Apple Watch is a little trickier to turn on as the "favourites" button (the large button, not the dial) actually requires a little longer of a press. I'd say approximately 5 second before the apple logo comes on screen. You'll also notice that the Apple watch takes substantially longer to power on than other iOS devices. This is due to the bluetooth connection required in order to sync with your iPhone. Oh and you won't actually be able to use the Apple watch after powering on until you unlock it. Which can either be done by entering your pass code on the watch itself or unlocking the paired iPhone once after pairing is complete. If you decide to remove the watch from your wrist throughout the day, unlocking will have to be repeated.

I hope this has been informative and beefy enough of a write up that you don't require pictures or a step-by-step youtube video.

Enjoy your Apple devices.

Wow man you are my hero, now l know why my watch doesn't work after l wash my hands. I thought it had something to do with my electric charge or the soap l use.

Wow man you are my hero, now l know why my watch doesn't work after l wash my hands. I thought it had something to do with my electric charge or the soap l use.
If you didn't buy Apple Soap, you're asking for trouble.

No l use Samsung but tomorrow l got shopping for Apple and all my problems are gone, thanks Junior