What's new

New iPhone, New Computer, New Service Provider, NEED HELP!!!

ry126

Reaction score
So I've been very reluctant to get rid of my good ol' 3GS from AT&T but on thursday I'm switching services to verizon so I'll be getting a 4S. I also recently got a new laptop so need to move my things to the new itunes anyway. What is going to be the best way for me to go through with this transition? Thanks

Last edited:
What do you mean? The best way to transfer files to another computer? If so, depending on how much stuff you have, just put it all on some blank cd's or blank dvd's. Then rip them on the new computer. Or you can setup a home network between the computers by an Ethernet cable. Then just transfer the files over. That'd probably be the fastest way.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

Last edited:
We'll I've transfered my music and my apps to my new computer but haven't synced my phone yet because I am getting a new phone and didn't want to mess my current one until i knew it was alright, I used an external hard drive. Should i plug my old phone in and authorize my purchases first? What should I do about photos and contacts? The thing is I'm switching from AT&T most likely to Verizon so I'm not sure if that will make any difference.

You'll be fine if you sync your current phone. Everything on iTunes is associated with your apple id not the actual phone.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4