What's new

New iPhone case...

XDRoX

Reaction score
I just picked up this new case for my iPhone 5 and wanted to give a brief review.

It's called the Battle Case Shox by a company called Strike Industries.

First thing I noticed was that it came in a very nice box. Inside the box I found instructions, an extra set of black springs, a plastic window to protect the camera, and plugs to fill all the holes in the case.

shox1_zps4f8be66f.jpg

Second thing I noticed was that the case was way lighter than I thought it would be. I weighed it at just over 30 grams. The iPhone popped into it without much effort but still felt secure. No way it's coming out without some serious muscle.

As you can see the corners have springs built into the case to lessen the blow in an accidental drop. It came with purple springs installed and an extra set of black ones.

shox3_zps45c50162.jpg

The back of the case has a card holder built in and a window to easily see your cards and to help get them out.

shox4_zpsf36c5c2d.jpg

Overall I think this is a great case especially for those of us who don't won't to worry about babying our iPhones and not have to worry about them breaking. I really feel like my iPhone would be protected against a fall. And the case doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone like some others. At under $18 I feel like it's a great deal. They also put a lot of thought in all the details by including all the plugs and extra window for camera protection.

Lastly I wanted to include that the case has a built in speaker sound reflector. The case redirects the sound toward the user instead of away. Sometimes when using the iPhone in landscape mode my hand covers the speaker and muffles the sound. This case completely solves this issue.

So if you're in need of a new iPhone case definitely give the Battle Case Shox a look.

shox2_zpscc233b67.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about that "handle" at the top. Seems a bit large to me?

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

I don't know about that "handle" at the top. Seems a bit large to me?

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

That worried me a bit first as well. To be honest it doesn't bother me much. It's convenient to pull out of my pocket. I considered cutting it off if it was obtrusive, but I think I'll leave it.